Sustainable Design In Business=Sustainability In Life
I figure in order to be truly authentic, a person who preaches sustainable business principles should transfer those principles over to his or her everyday personal life. For one thing, its just honest. Also, it preserves the integrity of the personal brand the person living that life is building. And so, I have decided for a number of reasons that I am going to start running to and from work. I used an online program called MapMyRun to trace a route that I’m going to run tomorrow morning for the first time. It is 9.06 km one way making it a total of 18.12 km per day for me. This may sound a little crazy, especially if I mention that I stand all day long. But here are my reasons:
1. Minimizes my environmental impact from a transportation standpoint
2. Two of my Top 100 Goals are to exercise 3-4 times/week and to run a marathon in every Canadian province and territory. This is a time-efficient, healthy, and sustainable method of logging miles
3. It’s quicker than public transportation (yes, I take the bus to and from work at this point in time)
4. It gives me time to think and plan
5. It could possibly extend my lifespan which I would hope would make achieving 100 lifetime goals a little easier
While this post may be slightly irrelevant to the central focus of this blog, I figured since I posted the goals, I may as well follow them up! Wish me luck!